Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The role will report into the CFO and will work closely with all levels of management to support the financial planning and analysis function. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with C-level executives, outside investors, team members and business partners.
- Develop and lead the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure coordination and cooperation across the company, including creating templates to facilitate the gathering of inputs from multiple sources
- Refine and maintain the Company 5yr projection model, monthly budget vs. actual reconciliations and analysis, 12-month rolling forecasting with real-time updates, development and reporting of KPIs that track and monitor progress of the business, as well as analysis of critical company initiatives
- Lead preparation and presentation of financial forecasts and results compared to plan
- Establish and maintain strong, cross-functional business relationships with managers across different departments, as well as work with the strategy and corporate development on large scale strategic projects thereby clearly understanding business processes and goals through effective and collaborative teamwork
- Establish and maintain measurements for key metrics and develop concise reporting for such metrics
- Conduct segment analysis by business vertical to drive revenue management and prioritization of resources and investment
- Assist with analysis and evaluation of acquisition candidates and partnership opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or related
- Minimum 5 years of FP&A experience with a heavy focus on 3-statement modeling and business operations
- Experience in managing the annual budgeting and forecasting process across an organization
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Familiarity with data mining, creating analytical models, and generating ad hoc reports
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicates effectively with internal and external partners at all levels
- Evaluates situations, identifies trends and opportunities, provides actionable insights/recommendations and implements them effectively
- Proven ability to execute and communicate effectively in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous, complex projects to completion
- Well poised and exhibits strong communications skills interacting with all levels of the executive leadership team
- Desire to join a growing organization with a culture that thrives on passion and enthusiasm
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.