Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Manager, Brand and Lifestyle Relations, Basketball will support the sales & marketing team with product seeding for our basketball (NBA & NIL) clients. This could include but is not limited to a range of products across fashion, technology, training equipment, beverages, etc., along with support for camps and other community efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Proactively monitors industry and business trade news, trends and social media to identify brands that may be of interest to our clients.
· Organizes and conducts outreach specific to targeted brands for value-in-kind and barter opportunities for Excel’s basketball & NIL clients.
· Manages assigned budget to procure high-end product for gifting clients around key events (e.g., All-Star Weekend, Draft, etc.).
· Manages all inbound requests from clients for product.
· Works collaboratively with our sales team on brand outreach.
· Manages the brand relationships in our Salesforce CRM platform.
· Attends and participates in staff events which may include some nights and weekends.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· 2-4 years of experience in Sales or Public Relations, preferably in the sports industry.
· Ability to showcase a range of influencer product seeding initiatives.
· Strong book of contacts across lifestyle, fashion, and consumer brands.
· Previous experience in sports and/or working with talent is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is helpful (e.g., Marketing, PR, Communications).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must have the ability to self-start and work within a small team and dynamic organization.
· Must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) who over delivers.
· Must have a strong sense of ownership, ensuring goals are met and high-level standards are upheld.
· Must have excellent time management and be able to multitask effectively in fast-paced environments.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred.
· Must be able to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
· Must have uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.