Job Title: Tournament Manager, Golf
Location: Remote (Cincinnati, OH)
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands, and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Kroger Queen City Championship presented by P&G is seeking a Tournament Services Manager. This position will be responsible for assisting the Tournament Director & Staff with planning, logistics, and execution for the event.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist tournament staff with daily assigned responsibilities, general administrative work and other tournament services related duties.
- Serve as the point-person for general public ticket questions and coordinate all ticket and credential fulfillment and distribution.
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator for recruiting, scheduling, training, and managing volunteer workforce.
- Work with the team to select the volunteer uniform and oversee inventory and disbursement.
- Work with local hotels to coordinate host accommodations.
- Assist with player communication (Tournament Fact sheet, responding to player inquiries, etc.).
- Work with Tournament and Operations Directors to coordinate Food & Beverage process and RFP selection (i.e., event caterer and concessionaire on-course).
- Assist with office administration to include, but not limited to, answering phones, ordering supplies, invoicing and check requests, developing procedures, and other general administrative responsibilities.
- Oversee vehicle courtesy program.
- Lead and/or assist planning for Special Events (Women’s Leadership Summit, junior clinic(s), player appearances, etc.).
- Sponsorship tracking using Salesforce or similar.
- Provide daily support to the sales team, including but not limited to, such activities as creating sales presentations and updating existing sales materials
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Prior golf management or event coordination experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion, understanding and interest in the game of golf and event planning.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage priorities and deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- The ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.