Title: Coorindator, Communications
Location: New York City
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel Sports Management is looking for a collaborative, detail-oriented, curious and hungry self-starter to play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of our Communications team. This position has a dual focus of supporting the Communications team with day-to-day administrative tasks while learning and supporting the planning, development and execution of PR & Social Media activities across each of Excel’s business areas. The role reports to the Senior Manager, Communications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, edit and proofread materials including press releases, media pitches, interview briefs, fact sheets and other materials;
- Conduct background research, compile and analyze media and competitor coverage;
- Media monitoring and ongoing, real-time coverage tracking; development of client-facing reports and support program recaps;
- Engage with and establish relationships with media and influencers;
- Develop and regularly update media lists and editorial calendars;
- Under guidance and supervision of senior team members, manage reactive media requests and proactively pitch client announcement and initiatives;
- Support relative Comms leads on various projects across Talent, Brands and Properties ;
- Provides administrative support to entire Communications team including managing a shared calendar, interview request and coverage tracking, etc;
- Develop and distribute regular internal and external communications materials such as newsletters, media blasts, weekly status reports, etc;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (PR, Communications, Journalism, Advertising)
- 1 – 2 years or previous agency internship experience preferred
- Basic research and project management skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong storytelling, editorial and writing skills;
- Collaborative, engaging and self-starter;
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task and work in high-pace, dynamic environment;
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation;
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and morally sound, always focused on doing what is right.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.