Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties. Excel has twice won Sports Business Journal’s Best In Talent Representation and Management, is consistently named as one of the most valuable sports agencies in the world by Forbes and was acknowledged as one of Front Office Sports 2019 Best Places to Work. The agency has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is looking for an experienced graphic designer specializing in infographics, photoreal mockups, typography and layout. We are seeking someone with 4+ years of professional design experience within a large agency or organization. Successful candidates will have mastery in Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator), and PowerPoint/Google Slides. The graphic design professional must thrive in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple projects. Attention to detail and an organized workflow is mandatory. Successful candidates are highly creative and original, resulting in a fluency of ideas.
Education & Experience:
- Design related degree, or 4+ years of professional experience in a graphic design field.
- Support Creative Director in producing compelling and creative work that rises above industry standards.
- Effectively organize and track direction for multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Create highly visual presentations and other materials that adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Deliver creative solutions and design concepts that meet the objectives of Excel’s divisions, partners and clients.
- Create custom graphics, infographics, photo-real mockups, presentation layouts, booklets, promotional materials, digital assets and more as directed.
- Conduct and share continuous research that informs on-trend and brand-right creative materials.
- Closely follow Excel’s iconic clients and brand partners such that it informs intelligent design/concepts.
- Distill research into digestible top-line presentations and infographics.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Experience in production and print.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences.
- Must have professional communication skills and collaborative experience.
- Must possess and demonstrate a good attitude and reliable team player –no excuses, only solutions.
- Must be a problem solver who is able to navigate new projects and assignments.
- Must be results and bottom-line oriented.
- Must have strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must have high attention to detail and ability to manage and execute multiple projects, responsibilities, and priorities in an ever-changing environment.
- Must have a client-first mentality and commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.