Job Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: NYC HQ Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Talent Acquisition Manager will manage full cycle recruitment efforts for all offices and teams. The TA Manager will design, develop and implement strategic recruiting programs. Research hiring best practices and outreach methodologies to market Excel as an employer of choice.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with hiring managers and senior leadership to identify immediate hiring needs and prioritize searches, devise, and execute recruitment strategy.
- Conduct initial intake call with hiring managers to help facilitate all necessary paperwork to initiate searches including preparation of job descriptions and justifications for management approval.
- Route all role requests through the proper approval process.
- Post jobs in applicant tracking system, including job boards, state job boards, LinkedIn, and Excel Website.
- Share open roles with diversity and inclusion focused partners and networks.
- Prepare weekly recruiting tracker distributing to Partners, HR, Finance and Legal.
- Review resumes, phone screen candidates, coordinate interviews with hiring managers and collect feedback from hiring managers.
- Maintain candidate communication throughout interview process, ensuring a positive and engaging candidate experience.
- Utilize your professional network, industry contacts and other tools to source A-list talent.
- Manage salary negotiations and benefit discussions with finalists, create offer paperwork.
- Conduct Reference and Background checks.
- Maintain strong relationships with candidates and employee referrals to help build a pipeline of qualified professionals.
- Contribute to overall Excel talent strategy including brand promotion, strategic planning, social media strategy and content creation across social/recruiting channels (Excel website, LinkedIn, applicant tracking system, to include job boards, etc.) to position Excel as an employer of choice.
- Serve as a brand ambassador, sharing your passion and enthusiasm for the Excel name.
- Participate in recruitment events/career fairs and represent excel within the industry and community.
- Prepare recruitment and new hire analytic reports, tracking talent acquisition metrics, reviewing trends and providing insights. Monitor effectiveness of programs, making adjustments as needed.
- Design, develop and implement innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of Excel’s strategic initiatives.
- Create and provide training around best interview practices to hiring managers and teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Business Administration, Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, Sports experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a problem solver who is able to navigate new projects and assignments.
- Exercise of persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to effect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices.
- Exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and compliance matters.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Excel.
- Knowledge of recruiting trends and best practices to help inform company strategy.
- Must be able to build relationships, genuine connections, and trust both internally and externally.
- Must be proactive and possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must have a client-first mentality and commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in all the various modes (verbal, written, text, etc.).
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Must be results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player internally and externally.
- Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.