Job Title: Marketing Manager, Talent
Location: Los Angeles
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking a motivated marketing mind to create and execute off-the-field opportunities for athletes and influencers and handle a wide variety of client servicing requests. The person in this role will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic, personable and extremely resourceful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the point person for specifically assigned clients in all marketing elements: Marketing/Branding, PR, Social Media, Digital and Day-to-Day Management/Concierge Services;
- Oversees the fulfillment of marketing-related obligations;
- Develops, implements and executes holistic, comprehensive brand strategies for assigned clients;
- Is resourceful and proactively identifies opportunities to enhance activations, plans and processes to deliver partner results;
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with clients/families, outside partners and relevant team/league staffers;
- Interfaces with internal parties as it relates to various client opportunities and needs;
- Ensures critical information and updates are shared with all relevant parties internally;
- Attends shoots, events and appearances with clients;
- Manages travel and itineraries on behalf of the client and their families as needed;
- Participates in strategic discussions related to other clients, brands and concepts;
- Supports all divisions with marketing materials and creative ideas;
- Ensures all materials and internal databases are up-to-date;
- Assists with recruiting as needed;
- Tracks client servicing requests and fulfillments;
- Ensures client information and all relevant materials are accurate and updated;
- Handles office and client administrative elements, including contract management, payment processes and collections as appropriate;
- Develops contacts throughout the industry;
- Monitors industry trends and developments;
- Contributes ideas for overall company growth;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 2-3 years in Sports Media/Marketing required;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
- Must have a strong skillset in social media strategy and execution;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
- Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, every changing environment;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player;
- Must be creative, strategic, detail-oriented and highly organized with strong project management skills;
- Must provide superior customer service and always seek to improve the client experience;
- Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.