Job Title: Director of Marketing Solutions & Strategy
Location: New York Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to work directly on developing sponsorship proposals and packages, sponsorship sales collateral, managing sales administration, and conducting research for Excel’s property sales team. The Director of Marketing Solutions & Strategy will serve as a central hub for idea generation and brand storytelling while working with the respective salesperson(s) to bring a deal from introductory call to close. The ideal candidate will be able to intuitively understand a brand’s objectives, quickly identify a common thread between those objectives and our properties, develop a narrative and related creative ideas, and manage the creative development and sales processes with the sales and design teams.
- Works collaboratively with our clients, property sales reps, creative services department and additional key departments (brand management, accounting, marketing, IT, legal, etc.) to manage and develop sales collateral and materials required for every project the properties division takes on;
- Leads the creative ideation process for corporate prospects, in conjunction with sales and marketing teams, and develops customized sponsorship platforms and packages based on the property characteristics and the priorities of the prospect;
- Builds narratives/storylines for corporate sales opportunities and structures impactful presentations;
- Manages the corporate-sales specific workflow with the creative services team, serving as a conduit for sales and creative services;
- Serves as a central source of best practices across brand marketing solutions by maintaining a high level of expertise in brand marketing trends and successful sports marketing activations;
- Participates in certain client facing meetings and business development pitches and when appropriate, presentations to brands;
- Identifies and develops sales processes, efficiencies and new sales strategy initiatives across new business and brand sales efforts;
- Identifies key prospects, including emerging brands and new property clients;
- Develops brand relationship building initiatives to identify ways for Excel to further engage with brands (i.e. hospitality, outreach campaigns, Think Tanks, etc.);
- Provides the sales team with appropriate sales materials, proposals and presentations, which may include PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop;
- Reviews and writes reports, proposals and other documents with extraordinary attention to detail, consistency and grammar;
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least 6-8 years of direct, relevant work experience;
- Proven ability to be a project lead for multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects while being responsive to the needs of the division and peers, be able to prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
- Self-confidence in creative idea generation and ability to communicate a narrative;
- Excellent project management, organization and administrative skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of sports business industry;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively;
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Highly responsive and accessible.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training