Location: New York Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties across the sports and entertainment landscape. Each one of our teammates represents our action-oriented culture focused on inclusivity, creativity, and drive.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced coordinator to support our current Hospitality clients. This person is passionate about events, creative ideation, developing concepts, and executing with excellence. This person is willing to roll their sleeves up to handle all tasks whether big/small or exciting/mundane, coachable, willing to learn, flexible, and multi-faceted. A self-starter who can work with a small team and communicate to larger teams is a critical quality. We expect the ideal candidate to be someone who impresses everyone around them with their work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Support the day-to-day management of key clients’ strategy, sponsorship activation, hospitality, and marketing initiatives
- Build and maintain positive client relationships that result in increased reliance upon Excel
- Interact daily with clients and all appropriate agencies/properties to support hospitality and event initiatives
- Develop ideas for engaging event branding, collateral, and on-site materials
- Create planning tracking tools and on-site materials: rooming lists, confirmation documents, food and beverage schedule, transportation manifest, etc.
- Support event portfolio analysis, identifying relevant opportunities that support strategic recommendations for the clients
- Manage the client-vendor relationships and coordinate necessary activation and leveraging deliverables on behalf of client
- Create event briefs, recaps, event itineraries and staff plans
- Prepare for client status calls including scheduling and preparing agendas or status documents
- Provide on-site support of hospitality events
- Work with the internal Excel team to develop marketing and PR campaign recommendations (e.g. social, digital, traditional)
- Support event ROI/measurement processes
- Provide budget management support including building and reconcile of budgets, along with providing client budget updates along each step of the process
- Understand the businesses and industries of our clients and focus on creating the best opportunities for the brand and our business
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience planning and executing high-level corporate events and hospitality experiences, experience with sponsorship activation, sports marketing, or other relevant industry experience
- Experience working with a variety of vendor types: hotel, transportation, catering, production, etc.
- Experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies, and vendors
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehends and respects budgets, budget management and planning experience a plus
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups
- Excellent time management, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and client services skills
- Excellent technical/computer skills and presentation know-how
- Ability to multitask effectively in fast-paced environments
- Goal-oriented and results-driven
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to interface with colleagues, senior executives, talent, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to achieve better job efficiencies
- Strives to increase industry knowledge, able to self-educate to be ahead of the curve
- Values truth, openness, and pursues excellence
- Has a strong sense of ownership – ensures goals are met and high-level standards are upheld
- Has uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Engages in internal activities (team building, events, off-sites, etc.) and embraces internal culture
- Ability to travel frequently and work nights, weekends, and holidays
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.