Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our team is looking for a passionate and energetic self-starter to support our Social Media function. This person will manage the day-to-day execution of social media strategies for both the agency and our individual clients. This includes writing copy, helping to develop and publish content, creating content calendars, monitoring trends and reporting on KPIs. The role reports to Director, Social Media Strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Curate and create daily content across agency and client channels.
- Develop monthly content calendars for agency and client channels, including writing compelling captions that capture different brand voices as appropriate.
- Act as point person for daily social media content suggestions and questions from agents and marketing managers.
- Provide regular reports on social insights and analytics to measure KPIs and inform growth.
- Work with social media platform contacts on troubleshooting measures such as account hacks, lost passwords, verification, imposter accounts, etc.
- Monitor social media for trends and conversations to identify opportunities for agency and client account growth.
- Work with Director, Social Media Strategy, and Creative team to develop compelling and engaging social content; regularly update graphic templates.
- Brainstorm new content ideas for Excel and client social media platforms.
- Lead community management efforts for Excel and clients, identifying opportunities to engage in relevant and timely social conversations.
- Monitor daily social coverage of clients and agency to identify engagement opportunities.
- Monitor and report on competitor channels.
- Stay abreast of all relevant client, industry and technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 2-3 years of direct experience in social content management and posting;
- Basic Photoshop skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be passionate about social media content and trends.
- Must have experience creating engaging content and assets to grow audiences.
- Must have passion for Excel’s key sports, divisions, and the sports landscape as a whole; interest in pop-culture and lifestyle trends.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to write creative copy for social media; ability to write in different brand voices.
- Must have familiarity with social media reporting tools; ability to develop reports and provide insights.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, focus and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and balance short-term and long-term projects.
- Must have the ability to work outside working hours when needed.
- Must be a self-starter who can work on a small team in a dynamic organization.
- Must be able to think strategically, creatively, and problem-solve.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to multitask effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Must be driven to increase industry knowledge and work to stay ahead of the curve.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.