Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Media Talent Assistant will perform a variety of administrative responsibilities to include assisting with daily office operations, supporting clients as needed, assisting with marketing, sales and business development related matters. This person will also manage key communications and coordinate logistics for our media talent, including: broadcasters, personalities, and influencers. The person in this role will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic, personable and demonstrate a passion for the broadcast and media industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support for senior-level executives which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates external and internal meetings;
- Develops and maintains a record management system to streamline processes;
- Updates and distributes the client roster when/if there are changes;
- Ensures client information and all relevant materials are accurate and updated;
- Responsible for office and client administration to include contract management, facilitating marketing/media related payment processes and managing collections as appropriate;
- Provides a weekly summary of any notable events that have occurred regarding the clients;
- Coordinates and books travel (flights, rental car, hotel, preparing itineraries, etc.) as needed, including on behalf of clients;
- Tracks expenses and submits expense reports for senior leadership, the division and clients, as needed;
- Provides coordination services for the media talent team to include communication of key deals and updates across the group;
- Manages and tracks industry trends and developments, including openings and opportunities for clients;
- Assists in the creation and development of client marketing materials: one-sheets, bios and sizzle reels, including sourcing/logging of footage;
- May assist on client related matters in addition to marketing and consulting projects as needed;
- Conducts market and project research on prospective opportunities;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 1-2 years of experience preferred;
- Sports and entertainment experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
- Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, every changing environment;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player;
- Must be able to think creatively and innovatively;
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training