Job Title: Assistant, Business Development
Location: NYC Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Business Development Assistant will perform a variety of administrative responsibilities to include assisting with daily office operations, supporting clients as needed, assisting with marketing, sales, and business development related matters. This person will also manage key communications and coordinate logistics for the sales team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative support for senior-level executives which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
o Coordinates external and internal meetings (to include the weekly calls);
o Manages and distributes legal agreements for senior leadership as requested;
o Updates and distributes the client roster when/if there are changes;
o Coordinates and books travel (flights, rental car, hotel, preparing itineraries, etc.);
o Tracks expenses and submits expense reports for senior leadership;
· Provides coordination services for the sales team to include communication of key deals and updates across the group;
· Project management of Salesforce CRM, including internal management and external communications with Salesforce representatives and backend design team;
· Manages and tracks sales data and distributes reports;
· May assist on client related matters in addition to marketing and consulting projects as needed;
· Conducts market and project research on prospective opportunities and talent;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· Sports and entertainment experience preferred.
· Knowledge or experience using a CRM system preferred (specifically Salesforce).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: experience using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
· Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, every changing environment;
· Must be a flexible and reliable team player;
- Must be able to think creatively and innovatively;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.