Job Title: Account
Executive, Basketball Partnerships
Location: NYC Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Account Executive will support the business development team with local marketing deals and value-in-kind partnerships specifically for our basketball clients. This could include endorsements, product seeding, and support for camps and other community efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Proactively monitors industry and business trade news to identify viable prospects;
· Organizes and conducts outreach specific to local endorsement opportunities, value-in-kind and barter opportunities for Excel’s basketball clients;
· Compiles prospecting documents specific to clients and priority sales opportunities;
· Conducts category, company and executive bio research;
· Works with Sales Team to develop custom sales proposals;
· Manages the corporate partnership CRM with Salesforce:
· Attends and participates in staff events which may include some nights and weekends;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· 1-2 years experiences in Sports Marketing and/or Sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must have the ability to self-start and work within a small team and dynamic organization;
· Must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) who over delivers;
· Must have a strong sense of ownership, ensuring goals are met and high-level standards are upheld;
· Must have excellent time management and be able to multitask effectively in fast-paced environments;
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
· Must be able to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience;
· Must have uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.