Location: NYC Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Vice President of Corporate Development will work closely with Excel’s senior leadership on executing Excel’s strategic growth plan, to include prospecting, sourcing, evaluating, and executing growth opportunities including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). The strategic growth plan will include expansion of existing Excel business lines, acquiring complementary capabilities and service offerings, and entry into new business verticals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Identifies strategic growth opportunities in existing and new verticals;
· Pursues qualified leads (individuals and companies) to approach, to include proactive scheduling, execution of calls, face to face meetings with prospects, and other outreach efforts;
· Works closely with the Excel senior leadership team and Shamrock Capital on key strategic growth initiatives and present findings and analysis;
· Engages with business partners across the organization internally and externally to support the integration process of new businesses into Excel;
· Effectively pitches potential targets on the short and long-term benefits of potential transaction, support the integration of post-transaction roles and structure;
· Continuously networks and builds relationships with senior-level decision makers at major corporations, brands, teams, leagues, and other members of the industry;
· Leads the M&A process including pipeline management, vetting and prioritization of potential deals;
· In conjunction with the Excel finance team, lead the execution and administration of transaction processes;
· Assists in leading external deal teams and managing complex processes;
· Models pro forma scenarios of potential acquisitions;
· Coordinates cross functional due diligence;
Education & Experience:
· Must have three or more years of banking, consulting and/or M&A transaction-related experience;
· Sports industry experience strongly preferred;
· Private equity experience a plus;
· Experience with the various legal, tax and other issues common to transactions a plus;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Must have demonstrated leadership and management experience;
· Must possess strong financial modeling skills;
· Must have the ability to analyze complicated issues, boil them down to the key points, develop action plans and bring actions to a successful conclusion in pursuit of successful outcomes;
· Must be able to define, develop, deploy and operationalize repeatable business models, programs and processes;
· Must be able to think critically and drive decision making by co-coordinating and aligning with multiple stakeholders;
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills while being able to achieve goals within a matrix organization;
· Must be able to lead execution against recommendations quickly and accurately;
· Must possess a strong drive and persistence, with an entrepreneurial mindset and take-charge, team-first attitude, meticulous attention to detail and commitment to quality work product;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.