Job Title: Esports Coordinator, Properties
Location: NYC Office
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands & properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The Coordinator for Excel’s Esports Practice (within the Properties Division) will be instrumental in supporting sales efforts across an array of esports leagues, teams and streaming platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Creates pre-meeting briefs with research and background on the company, as well as a bio for each attendee;
· Supports the development of key sales materials across the esports business:
· Assists in the creation of customized presentations for dedicated brand pitches;
· Supports the term sheet development process for advanced partnership conversations;
· Proactively monitors industry and business trade news to identify:
o Viable companies/brands that may or may not be a fit for a specific esports property;
o Key emerging categories;
o Properties that might see a need for Excel’s services short or long-term;
o Any other relevant industry news or trends;
· Manages the Salesforce CRM system for the esports business:
· Organizes and exports the most up-to-date pipelines from Salesforce for weekly client calls;
· Creates agendas and active conversations notes ahead of weekly and bi-weekly client calls;
· Communicates with other members of the sales team for account updates as needed;
· Conducts general day-to-day prospecting work across the esports business;
· All other duties as assigned, including but not limited to research and administrative tasks.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· 1+ years in Sports Marketing and/or Sales preferred;
· Baseline understanding/familiarity of the esports industry and various prominent game titles, leagues, teams and streaming platforms preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
· Understanding and interested in sports and esports sponsorship landscape, key industry players, market values and activation concepts;
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences, both written and verbally;
· Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail;
· High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance;
· Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
· Extremely proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
· Basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat Pro preferred;
· Highly responsive and accessible;
· Ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.