Position: Senior Director, Social Media Strategy
Location: New York City
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our team is looking for an experienced, business insights-focused executive to support our Communications function. This position will lead the development, management and execution of the social media strategy for both the agency and our individual clients, ensuring efforts align with overall marketing, brand awareness and engagement goals throughout all areas of the business. This includes all aspects of content creation, posting, messaging, scheduling and analysis. The role reports to the Vice President, Communications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development and execution of creative and impactful social media plans for the agency and clients;
- Drives measurable growth and increased engagement across all social and digital channels;
- Oversees daily content calendars across all social media platforms ensuring consistency and accuracy;
- Develops social strategy to amplify the Excel brand voice and maintain consistency while speaking to diverse audiences;
- Oversees ideation, pitching and execution of innovative content strategies for both Excel and individual clients;
- Establishes process around content planning, development, publishing and measurement for both agency and clients;
- Works cross-functionally with internal departments to communicate, organize and execute strategies that support existing business on brand side and business objectives (i.e. Brand Marketing, Properties, Corporate Partnerships);
- Liaises with major platforms on rollouts of new functions/tools and content partnership opportunities;
- Develops new offerings, evaluates and onboards new platforms;
- Works with creative department on content development;
- Advances social data and analytic reporting capabilities;
- Stays current on changes to the social media landscape, industry platform updates and new techniques and develop responsive strategies;
- Acts as expert on social content within the overall agency content development strategy;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 10+ years of experience in social media and/or influencer marketing;
- Previous management experience required, proven ability to build a team preferred;
- Track record of creating and implementing social campaigns that drive awareness, engagement and channel growth.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a passion for social media and strong storytelling, editorial and writing skills;
- Ability to understand a variety of brand voices and deliver appropriate content strategies;
- An understanding of what is current and relevant and a passion for staying ahead of trends;
- Proven experience hitting key social metrics and driving social media channel growth; detailed understanding of social media analytics;
- Proven success building social following and engagement;
- History of working with talent, preferably with sports/sports-related experience;
- Must possess strong knowledge of social analytics tools and social scheduling;
- Expert knowledge of all social platforms;
- Demonstrated ability managing and leading a team;
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task and work in high-pace, dynamic environment;
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation;
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to enhance efficiencies across the team;
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and morally sound, always focused on doing what is right.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.