Department: Brand Marketing
Position: Vice President, Marketing Solutions
Location: New York City
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties across the sports and entertainment landscape. Each one of our teammates represents our action-oriented culture focused on inclusivity, creativity and drive.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our team is looking for an experienced marketing executive to support our current Brand Marketing client roster in addition to leading our integrated business development function. This person will advise our current and future clients on their sports and entertainment sponsorship marketing investments by deploying our end-to-end solutions including strategy, activation and analytics. This person will help create meaningful, strategic and inspiring brand activation platforms, concepts and consumer experiences.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supports the day-to-day management of Excel Sports Management (ESM) Brand Marketing clients across all sponsorship marketing and activation initiatives;
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships that result in enhanced partnerships and increased ESM opportunities;
- Facilitates and manages the daily client interaction across brand, property and agency partners to support the sponsorship function and associated programming;
- Leads the direction and development of creative platforms and new consumer engagement activations across all new and future client sponsorship opportunities;
- Supports the analytics function in the sponsorship investment strategy to include portfolio analysis, strategic recommendations and enterprise measurement frameworks;
- Responsible for sustaining, managing and supporting the Brand Marketing team by reconciling budgets and providing on-going client updates;
- Manages teammates, up and down, across the group to ensure flawless client-service and a second-to-none agency experience;
- Conducts research, analysis and provides recommendations in an effort to gain greater knowledge of our industry, in support of client goals.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred;
- 10+ years of direct experience in sponsorship marketing or brand marketing strategy and activation at a brand, property or agency;
- Experience developing and implementing sponsorship marketing strategy and activation on behalf of client or company;
- Sports marketing and agency experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, properties and agency partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate about truly disruptive brand campaigns and enthusiastic about supporting the creative ideation process and developing engaging brand platforms;
- Must be a curious marketer that has multi-channel experience across a variety of different disciplines;
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) who can drive and develop engaging brand narratives, both internally and externally;
- Must strive for the very best and be both willing and eager to go above and beyond for teammates and clients;
- Possesses self-awareness and is coachable, confident, curious, inquisitive, flexible and genuinely interested in learning a little more each day;
- An action-oriented, self-starter who loves being a part of a dynamic team, but also can generate a solid work product on their own;
- High expectations for our work and a strong sense of ownership, driving exceptional client outcomes;
- Has the ability to think strategically and creatively while identifying client needs and embodying a proactive, problem-solving approach;
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation;
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word with the skill and ability to build and lead the development of engaging client and new business presentations;
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to enhance efficiencies across the team;
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and morally sound, always focused on doing what is right for our clients.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.