Department: Brand Marketing
Position: Vice President, Strategy
Location: New York City
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties across the sports and entertainment landscape. Each one of our teammates represents our action-oriented culture focused on inclusivity, creativity and drive.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Our team is looking for an experienced, business insights-focused executive to support our Brand Marketing client roster and lead our integrated business intelligence function. This person will advise both our current and future clients on their sports and entertainment sponsorship marketing investments, as well as potential opportunities. This person will be responsible for identifying meaningful, strategic opportunities and synergies for the division.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Researches, plans and provides consumer insights;
- Works collaboratively in spearheading creative campaign development for the Brand Marketing Division;
- Works across Excel’s Brand Marketing client roster and new business efforts to support the ideation process by way of key consumer insights;
- Translates data into meaningful brand engagements that deliver against brand and business objectives;
- Understands and provides approaches for B2C and B2B digital strategies;
- Identifies sponsorship avenues to engage with key audiences in impactful ways;
- Leads storytelling efforts that identify intersections between the organic brand role and the opportunity to enhance an emotional consumer connection;
- Determines campaign effectiveness and the value of data driven decisions to determine the worth of sponsorship investments;
- Supports the day-to-day management of Excel Sports Management (ESM) Brand Marketing clients across all sponsorship marketing and activation initiatives;
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships that result in enhanced partnerships and increased ESM opportunities;
- Facilitates and manages the daily client interaction across brand, property and agency partners to support the sponsorship function and associated programming;
- Leads the direction and development of creative platforms and new consumer engagement activations across all new and future client sponsorship opportunities;
- Supports the analytics function in the sponsorship investment strategy to include portfolio analysis, strategic recommendations and enterprise measurement frameworks;
- Manages teammates, up and down, across the group to ensure flawless client-service and a second-to-none agency experience;
- Conducts research, analysis and provides recommendations in an effort to gain greater knowledge of our industry, in support of client goals;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred;
- 8 – 10 years of experience in sponsorship and brand marketing strategy at a brand, property or agency;
- Experience determining campaign effectiveness and the data driven decisions to ascertain the value of sponsorship investments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong background in audience research, planning, consumer insights and creative campaign development;
- Must possess an affinity for translating data to support brand and business objectives;
- Must be a fantastic storyteller intensely curious about the next great campaign;
- Passionate about truly disruptive brand campaigns and the creative ideation process;
- Must be a curious marketer with multi-channel experience across a variety of different disciplines;
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) who can drive and develop engaging brand narratives, both internally and externally;
- Must strive for the very best and be both willing and eager to go above and beyond for teammates and clients;
- Possesses self-awareness and is coachable, confident, curious, inquisitive, flexible and genuinely interested in learning a little more each day;
- An action-oriented, self-starter who loves being a part of a dynamic team, but also can generate a solid work product on their own;
- High expectations for our work and a strong sense of ownership, driving exceptional client outcomes;
- Has the ability to think strategically and creatively while identifying client needs and embodying a proactive, problem-solving approach;
- Must exude emotional intelligence along with the ability to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication styles based on the audience and situation;
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word with the skill and ability to build and lead the development of engaging client and new business presentations;
- Proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to enhance efficiencies across the team;
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and morally sound, always focused on doing what is right for our clients.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.