The application period is now closed, we are now in process of reviewing candidates.
Please stay tuned for next steps.
Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent, brands and properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking a motivated marketing mind to assist our Talent Division with the creation and execution of off-field/court/course opportunities for athletes and handle a wide variety of client services requests. The person in this entry-level role will be detail-oriented, creative, resourceful, energetic and personable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Aid Marketing Managers and Agents with concierge requests from clients and their families
· Develop strategic relationships in key concierge areas
· Assist Marketing Managers and Agents with Client Management
o Planning/logistics for charity events/initiatives, shoots, camps, etc.
o Client relocation (housing, moving, car transport, etc.)
o Research related to off-field/court/course interests and opportunities
· Assist Marketing SVPs with administrative duties and as needed with other requests
· Help to secure product for clients’ personal and charitable needs
· Assist in keeping client information updated and current on the intranet
· Respond to fan mail, charitable requests, general inquiries as directed by Marketing Managers and Agents
· Assist with recruiting and sales decks
· Responsible for sending and tracking product to clients
· Responsible for taking notes in overall and division-specific marketing meetings and disseminating to the groups
· Be on call to address requests as needed
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· 1-2 years’ experience in Sports Marketing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
· Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
· Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
· Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, every changing environment;
· Must be a flexible and reliable team player;
· Must be creative, strategic, detail- oriented, highly organized with strong project management skills;
· Must provide superior customer service and always seek to improve the client experience;
· Must be able to think creatively and innovatively;
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.