Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced sales executive to focus on the sale of marquee partnership assets, including but not limited to stadium naming rights and jersey sponsorships, and other sponsorship related consulting services for prestigious sports and entertainment properties across the globe. In addition, this individual will support the sourcing and acquisition of new property representation clients, as well as lead and assist with the management of the Properties division.
· Identifies qualified leads (companies and brands) to approach regarding marquee partnership asset(s) Excel has been retained to sell on behalf of our clients;
· Participates in new property representation, sourcing and acquisition;
· Schedules and executes calls and face to face meetings with prospective partners;
· Works collaboratively with the marketing solutions department to:
o Build the narrative and storyline for corporate sales opportunities;
o Structure impactful presentations for prospective partners;
· Presents, negotiates and closes deals for the Properties division;
· Supports other corporate sales revenue lines, including talent (primarily basketball, baseball, golf and football) as well as brands that Excel directly represents in a consulting capacity;
· Continuously networks and builds relationships with senior-level decision makers at major corporations, teams, leagues, venues, and governing bodies;
· Leads, manages and develops employees within the Properties division;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Must have 10-15 years of direct, relevant work experience;
· Global sales and marketing experience preferred;
· Must have a proven track record of delivering 7 and 8 figure sponsorships.
Knowledge, Duties and Abilities:
· Must have an established network of senior brand and property decision-makers;
· Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers and subordinates;
· Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects while being responsive to the needs of the division and peers, be able to prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must be a natural and confident sales person with a proven ability to generate creative ideas.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.