Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced sales executive for a lead corporate sales role with a primary focus on selling the agency’s golf talent and golf-related assets, including corporate consulting, hospitality and events. The person in this role will also seek to strategically develop new business across all Excel assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Leads golf talent endorsement sales for the agency, working collaboratively with golf agents, including prospecting, outreach, pitching and closing deals;
· Directly generates corporate revenue for golf talent clients including national and global deals, primarily in non-endemic categories;
· Develops short and long-term revenue goals for Excel golf talent in conjunction with agents and marketing managers;
· Develops new business from companies spending within the golf ecosystem for the agency’s corporate consulting, hospitality and events businesses;
· Serves as a sales leader across other key talent and non-talent assets within Excel’s portfolio;
· Owns and calls on an established set of key companies, media agencies, sports agencies and talent buyers to cultivate ongoing business;
· Works in a highly collaborative manner with player agents, marketing managers, creative and public relations in delivering on talent sales deals;
· Creatively packages and markets talent and other Excel assets/offerings utilizing effective storytelling and a solutions-oriented approach for brands;
· Works closely in conjunction with other salespeople as part of a team-oriented sales environment, sharing leads, ideas and opportunities to generate revenue across Excel’s sales portfolio;
· Serves as a positive culture contributor within a fast-growing, high-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· Established network of brand and agency buyers and brand decision-makers;
· Proven track record in delivering 6-7 figure per annum, multi-year endorsement deals
· Minimum of 8-10 years is similar sales roles, including direct experience selling golf;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have an established network of brand and agency buyers and senior decision-makers;
· Must have strong experience and brand relationships within the golf industry;
· Passion for working in sports and golf in particular;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Must be able to think creatively and innovatively;
· Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.