THE WELL is a modern wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
The Guides are responsible for maximizing the revenue of The Club through effective scheduling, yield management, and sales. As an Ambassador for THE WELL, this role ensures outstanding anticipatory service for all members and guests at the reception desk restaurant and wellness retail area.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Maximize revenue of treatments and programs through effective scheduling, yield management.
· Contribute to the team’s overall targets and strive to achieve personal targets and goals as set out by the Management team.
· Maintain a sound treatment and retail knowledge with the ability to accurately describe benefits and prices.
· Encourage guests to return by recommending an ongoing treatment program, inviting guests to rebook.
· Responsible for all billing procedures at the reception desk and the correct reconciliation of funds at the close of each shift and at the end of the day’s work.
· Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following THE WELL’s protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail.
· Conduct club tours for all guests as requested. Act as an Ambassador for THE WELL at all times.
· Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to colleagues.
· Ensure confidentiality at all times including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client.
· Report any guest complaints to the Manager on Duty so that they can be handled promptly and effectively.
· Organize scheduling of appointments to maximize use of time and profitability while ensuring that the guest's needs are of first importance.
· Obtain and accurately record all relevant member information including contact details, credit card details, Prepare all guest correspondence and administration as per brand standards and ensure excellent presentation.
· Respond to all guest communication(s).
· Provide information on club facilities during tours including benefits, and health and safety.
· Maintain the cleanliness, presentation, organization of the reception area at all times.
· Ensure that adequate supplies of all public information material are available and are in immaculate condition.
· Record and track turn away business and repeat guests through the club software system.
· Prepare the reception area for the start of the next shift, ensuring all messages are communicated and carry out a detailed passover.
· Answer telephones within three rings and in a professional manner, following THE WELL’s brand standards.
· Liaise with other club departments to ensure guest needs are met and communicated.
Health & Safety:
· Day to day responsibility for equipment, products, cleanliness.
· Receive training on all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at Work Law and Health and Hygiene standards.
· Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene. Follow uniform standard at all times.
· Always be punctual and prepared for daily shift.
· Support all departments including covering hostess stand and spa attendant duties as and when required.
· Must adhere to training as determined by the Head Guide and attend all training courses as deemed necessary.
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Full Time & Part Time paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Lactation room
• Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
• Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
• Professional Development Workshops
• Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
• EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles