ROLE: IT Director
THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches, and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
welcome to wellness
THE WELL is seeking an IT Director to join our growing team. This position will manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies. The ideal candidate is an expert in all aspects of information technology to include cloud base products, property management systems, and PCI compliance.
The Director will be responsible to build a strong IT infrastructure to support the needs of the business as it scales. The role entails creating and implementing IT policies and systems that meet the objectives of a wellness company.
- 5+ years’ experience managing complex start-up IT infrastructure
- Significant experience managing large scale, cross-functional projects, building partnerships and working with vendors
- Data-driven with meticulous attention to detail and ability to expertly prioritize on the fly
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions and track record of impeccable follow-through
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships, with strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to excel in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks
Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Oversee all technology operations during pre-opening and post-opening (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Create policies for the use of technology at work
- Assign and manage all hardware
- Work hand in hand with the Director of People in order to establish a new hire checklist as it relates to IT
- Coordinate IT technicians and other professionals to provide guidance
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Create and maintain a secure network that protects THE WELL from cyber attacks
- Manage Resort Suite and any form of booking software used by THE WELL
- Manage relationship with the website provider
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Manage IntakeQ