Role: Line Cook AM/ PM
Location: 2 East 15th Street, NY, NY 10013
THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
We are seeking an experienced and passionate line cooks. The ideal candidate would have
previous casual fine dining experience and a minimum of 2 years experience, and have a drive for
success. If you have a passion for health focused and seasonal cuisine, a strong desire to work in a
fast pace environment, and are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity we want to hear
The Person We Need
• Must have strong sense of urgency.
• Must be a team player and have strong communication skills.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or
Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• English language and professional communications skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Full Time & Part Time paid time off
· Commuter benefits
· Lactation room
· Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
· Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
· Professional Development Workshops
· Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
· EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles