Human Resources Administrator
Location: 2 East 15th Street, NY, NY 10013
THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
We are seeking a passionate HR Administrator to join our team to support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources department. The ideal candidate would have an interest and some previous Human Resources experience and have a drive for success. If you have a passion for wellness, a strong desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, and are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity we want to hear from you.
HR Administrator responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring & payroll process. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
· Maintaining digital personnel records like employment contracts, new hire and payroll processing requests
· Update internal databases with new hire, status changes and separation information
· Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies
· Gather payroll data from management teams and optimize weekly payroll procedures
· Publish and remove job ads & support company-wide recruiting initiatives
· Coordinate training calendar and employee engagement programs
· Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department
· Coordinate & monitor on-boarding, orientation & training requirements
· Respond to employees’ questions about benefits (for example, number of vacation days they’re eligible for)
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
The Person We Need
· Prior 1-2 years of experience as an HR Administrative Assistant or similar role
· Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), PEOs, G-suite services, Time Tracking
· Basic knowledge of labor legislation, payroll, benefits & PTO
· Advanced skills using spreadsheets
· Nice to Have: Bachelors or Certification in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or relevant field
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Full Time & Part Time paid time off
· Commuter benefits
· Lactation room
· Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
· Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
· Professional Development Workshops
· Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
· EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles