Role: Temporary Associate Buyer
Type: Temporary Contractor, October 2019-January 2020
Location: 2 East 15th Street, NY, NY 10013
THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches, and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals. Opening summer 2019, the 13,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant and vitamin bar, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
The Role (optional):
The Temp. Associate Buyer at THE WELL supports all aspects of retail and merchandise sales. Acting as a leader of vendor relationships and merchandise management across categories, the Temp. Associate Buyer will place orders, manage product assortments, analyze sales performance, and retain relationships with vendor partners. This position reports to the Director of Product Innovation, and will work collaboratively with internal teams including operations, marketing, finance, amongst others. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and possesses excellent project management, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills. The candidate must have a passion for wellness, an eye for product, and the ability to operate in a start-up environment.
- Buying & Vendor Management
- Maintain competitive awareness across categories, seeking out hard to find brands with limited distribution to surprise and delight members.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors, and onboard new vendors. Completing applications and establishing favorable terms.
- Create and submit purchase orders, manage inbound inventory and maintain receipts report with the support of club staff. Check order confirmations, resolve discrepancies with vendors, and assist with invoice reconciliation.
- Maintain accurate retail inventory, updating price/style/size, and cancellations.
- Develop monthly reporting and vendor selling
reports to optimize merchandise categories ongoing.
- Retail Management & Merchandising
- Collaborate with marketing, product and programming teams to develop integrated vendor programs that maximize revenue at the club.
- Oversee implementation of merchandising displays alongside Visual Merchandiser to drive product awareness and retail revenue.
- Collaborate with product team, marketing and
merchandise vendors to develop fresh selections of THE WELL branded
- Lead in onboarding of eCommerce fulfillment center, alongside Director of Digital Product.
- Liase with the eCommerce Fulfillment Center to ensure customer orders are sent out in a timely, accurate manner.
- Act as point of contact with vendors for product information, images, and tracking, and work with the marketing team to enter and update this information on THE WELL ecommerce website.
The Person We Need
- 3+ years of experience in buying, merchandising, or ecommerce. Wellness or luxury experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of wellness, style and social trends that are relevant to the continued evolution of the business.
- Extremely comfortable in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and capable of developing pivot table reports and analysis.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Resort Suite is a plus
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload within a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Functions both in a team setting and independently.
- Able to act with speed and confidence to deliver results.
- Limited Travel required.
- An analytical, process-oriented individual who’s able to work in a rapidly growing start-up environment and takes ownership of projects to drive them forward to completion.
- Innovative thinker who can creatively identify alternative approaches and solutions.
- Proven track record of blending creativity with business acumen to develop a retail merchandise strategy and mix that supports healthy margins while developing strong consumer connection to THE WELL brand.
- Passion for wellness; champions THE WELL mission and instills that passion in vendor partners.
- Experience in buying for wellness, skincare or luxury is a plus.
· Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
· Professional Development Workshops
· Collaborative & Pet Friendly HQ work environment
· EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles