THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals. Opening spring 2019, the 13,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant and vitamin bar, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
The Medical Director holds a key management position at THE WELL. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in Integrative or Functional Medicine and wants to be part of an integrated practice that includes Traditional Chinese Medicine, osteopathy, meditation and more as treatment modalities. The successful applicant will stress the importance of diet, nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, mind-body connection and the impact of environmental factors in health and disease and will work closely with our executive management team to implement strategies that enhance patient care and improve our medical practice. If you are interested in leading a dynamic team of healthcare professionals, we encourage you to apply.
· Provide direct clinical medical services in the area of board certified (or board eligible) medical specialty in accordance with the highest applicable standards of medical and professional practice and in full accordance with health center protocols and policies.
· Provide direct patient services for members of THE WELL
· Work together with management team to develop medical staffing plan to meet medical needs of the Club and its members while achieving overall business and revenue objectives.
· Participate in the recruitment of qualified clinical staff including interviewing and making a recommendation for hire
· Responsible for directing all practitioners in the practice of quality care according to standards and benchmarks set by THE WELL and applicable licensing boards, etc.
· Create clinical patient protocols for use by THE WELL for treatment of fertility, weight loss, sleep and other functional areas identified by Medical Director and management team. Work closely with VP of Ops and functional team to oversee development and roll out of Electronic Medical Record software
· Manage personnel management for clinical staff. In collaboration with the other practitioners and management team, use a solutions-oriented approach to solve personnel issues in a timely manner including performance failures and violation of standards of care or personnel policy. Perform due diligence in matters related to clinical practice in full compliance with the medical licensing board and other regulatory agencies
· Establish systems to allow for a cross-functional work environment amongst practitioners with a patient-centric approach including productivity benchmarks, performance measures and controls for clinical quality assurance. Document clinical protocols in a manner that is easily understood and can be followed by all clinical staff. Perform hands-on training of new and developing clinical practices
The Person We Need
- M.D. required
- Available full time
- Valid license to practice medicine in the state of NY required
- Candidate must be dedicated to the field of Integrated or Functional Medicine
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills