THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
BARISTA Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Make & serve specialty coffee/tea beverages in an orderly manner o Apply urgency when needed o Ability to operate in a face-paced work environment
• Knowledgeable of all menu items
• Speak / interact with both new & regular customers
- Discuss the beverage items, make suggestions & answer any inquiries
- Take guests order accurately
• Record & process purchases using the POS system o Collect and process payments from the customer including cash, credit & debit cards
• The ability to operate coffee equipment o Continuing to learn about new brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation & presentation techniques to improve food/beverage quality.
• Maintain a clean & sanitized work station
• Comply with all health, safety and hygiene guidelines & regulations
• Monitor all inventory needs as well as stock inventory according to storage requirements
• Ability to answer all questions about the establishment
- Hours of operation
- Positions & names of all ownership & management
- Address, phone number, reservation policy, etc.
- Instagram handle, website, any social media platform
- Overall mission of the establishment
Complete opening & closing procedures Skills:
• Conflict resolution
• Customer service
• High energy level
• Promotional ability
• Team Oriented
Our baristas should be detail-oriented, passionate about their beverage craft and focused on providing the optimal guest service. You must be positive, friendly, and be very organized during busy hours. Above all, being passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy creating the optimal experience for our guests is the ultimate goal.
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Full Time & Part Time paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Lactation room
• Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
• Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
• Professional Development Workshops
• Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
• EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles