THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
HOST Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Proficient in all aspects of OpenTable Reservation System
• Greet incoming & departing guests warmly with a smile & eye contact; escort them to their assigned dining area
• Answer all incoming calls to the restaurant
• Manage the flow of guests and be able to provide accurate wait times to incoming guests
• Tend to guests needs & requests in a polite hospitable language
Observant to guests’ needs throughout their dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service, for example:
o Notice a drink refill
o Looking around to flag a server to receive their check or in need of a napkin
• Protect establishment & patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety & alcohol control policies
• Proficient in placing to go orders in POS system & managing delivery service apps
• Ability to answer all questions about the establishment.
• Conflict resolution
• Customer service
• High energy level
• Promotional ability
• Team Oriented
A Host/Hostess is the face and the first impression of the establishment – you set the tone of friendliness, excellent service and high standards. A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host cares for our guests by taking extra steps in service by light housekeeping duties such as cleaning menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. Above all, being passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy creating the optimal experience for our guests is the ultimate goal.
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Full Time & Part Time paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Lactation room
• Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
• Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
• Professional Development Workshops
• Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
• EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles