THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals in the heart of New York City. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals.
The 18,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
BUSSER / RUNNER: Requirements & Responsibilities
- Ability to deliver food orders & clear tables rapidly & efficiently
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards o Example: proper temperature of food, correct garnish
- Ability to remove dirty dishes & utensils in proper form
- Dedicated to teamwork & seamless back service through communication and attention to detail
- Act as a main point of contact between front of the house and back of the house staff – always keeping the kitchen and the floor staff on the same page throughout service
- Administer closing and opening procedures with proper settings, stocking all necessary supplies prior to service, wash and refill water pitchers, polished silverware & glassware, etc.
- Maintain a clean & sanitary station and restocking when needed
- Ability to multi-task tables when needed
- Support server staff with retrieval of any supplies they may require
- Competent in all menu items, table numbers and position numbers so when delivering food you know what dishes are called, where to deliver them and to whom you are delivering to Skills:
- Conflict resolution
- Customer service
- High energy level
- Promotional ability
- Team oriented Ultimately, you will ensure our daily operations run smoothly and our guests have a pleasant dining experience. It is important that our Food Runners/Bussers help facilitate a well-organized collaboration between our kitchen and wait staff. We believe the best way to learn the restaurant industry and absorb how to provide an excellent dining experience is this exact position. Being passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy to create excellent experiences for our guests is the ultimate goal.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Full Time & Part Time paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Lactation room
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
- Perks, gym & multiple service discounts
- Professional Development Workshops
- Collaborative work & Pet Friendly HQ environment
- EAP & quarterly on-site Support Circles