THE WELL is a modern membership-based wellness club designed for busy urban professionals. We recognize both the benefits of Western medicine and the wisdom of Eastern healing and have built a science-backed ecosystem for wellness. Our integrative medicine doctors, health coaches and skilled practitioners work together under one roof to build customized plans uniquely suited to each member and their goals. Opening summer 2019, the 13,000-square-foot club includes a full-service spa with steam and sauna, an organic restaurant and vitamin bar, reflexology lounge, yoga and meditation studios, private training gym and classroom with innovative weekly programming. At THE WELL, your health is integrated, proactive and personalized leading to a more balanced you.
THE WELL: welcome to wellness
We are looking for an experienced Physical Therapist to join our sports medicine team. The ideal candidate is a compassionate healer who is passionate about their patients and committed to helping them recover their mobility. We are looking for someone with experience working with a wide range of patient injuries and age groups, who is always ready to learn new techniques to further patient care. The ideal candidate will work with a team of healers, massage therapists, acupuncturists and doctors in seamless integration.
- Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations according to standards of practice as well as state standards.
- Develop a Plan of Treatment for each patient based on initial and ongoingevaluations including short and long term goals, collaboration demands of other staff members, and required patient and caregiver involvement.
- Implement Plan of Treatment on a consistent schedule and adjust this schedule and plan according to patient progress.
- Document patient progress according to approved medical documentation and facility documentation procedures.
- Evaluate mobility, strength and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in these areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable.
- Report patient progress to the patient, patient caregivers and loved ones, facility staff and healthcare professionals involved in ongoing treatment/care of patients.
- Develop a plan for patients following completion of their Plan of Treatment with appropriate in-home care services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Assist other facility staff members as needed to provide care and create a clean, orderly and effective environment for rehabilitation and physical therapy.
Qualifications for Physical Therapist
- Proven record of matching patient needs to treatment plans and a proven record of implementing these plans safely and effectively.
- Strong experience administering a wide range of physical therapy techniques not limited to: giving massages; applying physical agents; initiating traction; utilizing hydrotherapy.
- Experience assisting and directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Knowledge of responsible use of facility equipment, best practices for equipment use and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Experience with recommending assistive equipment to patients and outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Experience with a wide range of patient age groups and injuries.
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy and an understanding of when these techniques can benefit patients.
- A strong sense of empathy, a compassionate outlook on PT and the ability to motivate patients into pushing their limits in a responsible, safe way.
- We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience providing physical therapy to patients in a fully equipped PT facility and who has the following qualifications:
- BS or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Current Physical Therapy license for New York State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED)