Job Title: NetSuite Lead Consultant
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Travel Required: None at this time
Reports to: Director of NetSuite Services
ScaleNorth Advisors was founded by a group of Executives who wanted to level the playing field for small and mid-market businesses. We partner with our clients by making our team, tools and technology an extension of their businesses. Together, we focus on increasing enterprise value by streamlining business processes, highlighting critical analytics, leveraging cutting edge technology, and preparing for what comes next.
Our unique culture is focused on our key stakeholders: our people, our clients, and our community. We have a relatively flat organization which rewards our team members’ contributions to serving our stakeholders. We strive to make a positive impact and always keep it fun and positive. Some other cool things we offer:
· Opportunity to work within an organization that prides itself on creating a culture based on bringing fun, bright and experienced professionals together to deliver best-in-class service to our clients
· Substantial training and development opportunities in technology and finance
· Access to cutting edge software and hardware to do your best work
· Competitive Pay and Benefits
· 100% remote position
If you are interested in working with a group that prides itself on serving and having fun, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a client facing collaborative role. You will be the primary point person onboarding new clients. You will be tasked with understanding our new client’s overall business objectives, collaborating with their management teams and our internal teams to develop a comprehensive project plan to transition our new client onto their new business operating system. Every client will have their unique requirements and the ability to use your past experiences, not only with applications, but in business will be a critical skill to be successful in this role. Everyone on our team is a contributing member and we expect the same from our new team members as well. The ability to make someone’s ideas better or presenting an idea that another team member can make better is our idea of collaboration. Your ability to lead and motivate a team is most critical to this role.
Everyone in our organization takes a hands-on approach to understand the details of each of our client’s requirements. It is necessary for all team members to have this level of understanding to develop our standardized platform to meet world-class efficiency standards. While supported by our team, we take pride in self-sufficiency. Expecting that you will know everything you need to know to be successful in this role is a ridiculous expectation but having the skill set to research and bring potential solution to the team is not. By no means will you be on an island, but when faced with a new issue, coming to the team with researched solution and ideas is the expectation.
Success in this role is measured primarily by the development of your team, our client’s satisfaction and your ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of our solutions to our client base. This requires active listening to our clients and our fellow team to identify areas for process improvement and application enhancements. This role also requires the ability to navigate through online applications and have a high proficiency in NetSuite and Excel. Must be an independent thinker with strong communication skills who can effectively communicate both written and verbally. Must be able to proactively identify inefficiencies/gaps in a project plan and solution architecture, in addition, to building strong relationships with your client base.
· Enjoys leading and developing a team of experience professionals with extensive functional and technical NetSuite/ERP experience
· Collaborates with Lead Technical Consultant assigns to his/her team to develop customized solutions to directly meet our clients’ business objectives
· Leads his/her team in translating business requirements delivered from our clients into a formal business requirement document
· Creation of project plans based on the business requirements of the client, the capabilities of the available applications and staff assigned to the engagement
· Leads preparation/review of documents/diagrams functional and technical process flows to ensure optimization
· Delivery of a budget aligned with the project and continuous tracking of budgeted hours vs. actual and an understanding of any major variances
· Understanding of the details of a solution, inclusive of dependencies so that tasks are performed in the proper order
· Ability to ask for help when faced with competing priorities and/or concerns of not meeting client expectations
· Thrives on problem solving and thinking beyond “how it has always been done” to create new and improved solutions
· Thorough understanding of NetSuite’s capabilities and limitations
· Ability to foresee the necessary steps required for a successful client engagement and how to articulate it to the client and internal team members
· Must be able to clearly communicate goals, responsibility, performance, expectations and feedback.
· Continuously setting an example for the other team members and setting high ethical standards
· Proactively recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new policies/procedures need to be developed, particularly with respect to operations
· Monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed-upon targets and standards are met
· Aggressively identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiencies
· Effectively and proactively communicates risks to management and assists with the development of viable solutions to mitigate risk
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have at least 5-10 years of hands on experience, with progressively increasing responsibility with NetSuite implementations. The candidate must have strong skills in change management, issue resolution, workflow documentation, data analysis, and reports. This individual must possess experience leading a user community in a prompt and professional manner, including excellent leadership and communications skills.
Requires a four-year degree and 5-10 years of hands-on experience with NetSuite Applications.
NetSuite ERP Consultant Certification desirable.
· CPA or previous Accounting/Finance experience highly desirable
· Advanced excel user, (complex pivot tables, macros, formulas, IF statements, vlookup/match:index)
· Ability to effectively communicate systems/IT information to lay audiences.
· Strong issue resolution / problem solving skills
· Ability to be a team player and self-starter
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and to communicate and interact effectively with management and users at all levels through both verbal and written means
· Project management skills are required