Job Title: NetSuite Sr. Functional Consultant
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Travel Required: Not at this time
Reports to: Lead Consultant
ScaleNorth Advisors was founded by a group of Executives who wanted to level the playing field for small and mid-market businesses. We partner with our clients by making our team, tools and technology an extension of their businesses. Together, we focus on increasing enterprise value by streamlining business processes, highlighting critical analytics, leveraging cutting edge technology, and preparing for what comes next.
Our unique culture is focused on our key stakeholders: our people, our clients, and our community. We have a relatively flat organization which rewards our team members’ contributions to serving our stakeholders. We strive to make a positive impact and always keep it fun and positive. Some other great things we offer:
· Competitive Pay and Benefits
· Substantial training and development opportunities in technology and finance
· Access to cutting edge software and hardware to do your best work
· No need to deal with traffic, you can work remotely at home
If you are interested in working with a group that prides itself on serving and having fun, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a client facing collaborative role. You will be working directly with clients when assessing their requirements and configuring their NetSuite instance in most optimal way. You will be tasked with understanding our client’s overall business objectives, collaborating with their management teams and our internal teams to deliver NetSuite solutions. Every client will have their unique requirements and the ability to use your past experiences, not only with applications, but in business will be a critical skill to be successful in this role. Everyone on our team is a contributing member and we expect the same from our new team members as well. The ability to make someone’s ideas better or presenting an idea that another team member can make better is our idea of collaboration. You will be assigned an internal team that is tasked with continuously enhancing our client’s business operating platform.
While supported by our team, we take pride in self-sufficiency. Expecting that you will know everything you need to know to be successful in this role is an unrealistic expectation but having the skill set to research and bring a potential solution to the team is not. By no means will you be on an island, but when faced with a new issue, coming to the team with researched solutions and ideas is the expectation.
Unlike most implementation firms, we partner with our clients’ long term. Subsequent to going live, we become our clients’ applications partner and serve as their outsourced applications team. It is critical that not only the initial configurations, workflows and scripting is optimized for their business but that the handoff to our internal applications systems analyst is seamless from our clients’ perspective.
Success in this role is measured primarily by our client’s satisfaction and your ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of our solutions for our client base. This requires staying current with the most current version of NetSuite and effectively applying current and new functionality to meet the operational requirements of our clients. Must be an independent thinker with strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally. Must be able to proactively identify inefficiencies/gaps in process and provide technical solutions.
· Advanced NetSuite configuration experience ideally with an emphasis in Advanced Accounting or Supply Chain Areas
· Ability to migrate and rationalize client data into a NetSuite consumable format
· Assist Lead Consultant with application issue resolution and change management.
· Conduct business process mapping and requirements gathering sessions with clients
· Supports in preparation of documents/diagrams functional and technical process flows to ensure optimization
· Preparation of scope documents resulting from prospects/clients’ requirements gathering sessions
· Ability to exercise patience during training sessions with new end users
· Problem solving skills to assess and troubleshoot issues that arise during applications configurations, workflows and scripts
· Ensures information security protocols and practices are in place to protect unauthorized access and use of corporate data.
· Proactively recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing IT policies and procedures require change or where new policies/procedures need to be developed, particularly with respect to operations.
· Monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed-upon targets and standards are met.
· Aggressively identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiencies.
· Suggests enhancements to and executes application-based solutions to efficiently and accurately process voluminous tasks among all departments within our clients’ operations
· Effectively and proactively communicates risks to management and assists with the development of viable solutions to mitigate risk.
· Ability to understand end user’s information requests to deliver necessary system generated ad hoc reports via NetSuite saved searches
· Support clients post go-live as needed either in an interim or on-going support role
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have at least 3-5 years of hands-on NetSuite implementation experience, with progressively increasing responsibility. The candidate must have strong skills in change management, issue resolution, workflow documentation, data analysis, and reports. This individual must possess experience supporting a user community in a prompt and professional manner, including excellent communications skills.
Four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting or Finance
Requires at least three years of NetSuite implementation experience and five years of professional services experience
NetSuite ERP Consultant Certification highly desirable
NetSuite SuiteFoundation Certification highly desirable
CPA highly desirable
· Deep understanding of the capabilities of native NetSuite configuration
· Advanced excel user, (complex pivot tables, macros, formulas, IF statements, vlookup/match:index)
· Ability to effectively communicate systems/IT information to lay audiences.
· Knowledge of the following business functional areas: Financial and Management Accounting, and warehouse management.
· Strong issue resolution / problem solving skills
· Ability to be a team player and self-starter
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and to communicate and interact effectively with management and users at all levels through both verbal and written means.Project management skills are a plus