Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Travel Required: No Travel is expected at this time
Reports to: Controller
ScaleNorth Advisors was founded by a group of Executives who wanted to level the playing field for small and mid-market businesses. We partner with our clients by making our team, tools and technology an extension of their businesses. Together, we focus on increasing enterprise value by streamlining business processes, highlighting critical analytics, leveraging cutting edge technology, and preparing for what comes next.
Our unique culture is focused on our key stakeholders: our people, our clients, and our community. We have a relatively flat organization which rewards our team members’ contributions to serving our stakeholders. We strive to make a positive impact and always keep it fun and positive. Some other cool things we offer:
· Opportunity to work within an organization that prides itself on creating a culture based on bringing fun, bright and experienced professionals together to deliver best-in-class service to our clients
· Substantial training and development opportunities in technology and finance
· Access to cutting edge software and hardware to do your best work
· Competitive Pay and Benefits
· 100% remote position
If you are interested in working with a group that prides itself on serving and having fun, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a client facing collaborative role. You will be tasked with leading our accounting and finance team. This will require a professional who has a passion for leading a team, client service, process improvement and embracing technology. Our clients cover multiple industries and range in revenue size. We leverage the best technology available to streamline their back office processes so that they can create and innovate, while we operate in the background. Client service skills, both written and verbal will be critical to this role.
You will have exposure to all aspects of accounting, this isn’t a role where you will be doing the same thing day in and day out. A typical day may include onboarding a new client, triaging a balance sheet, preparing or reviewing a financial model and providing a client financial statements. Then the next day may be preparing/reviewing financial statements, cash flow models, five-year forecasts used for valuations or prepping for an upcoming board presentation. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives on learning and has a passion for technology and process improvement.
Our Sr. Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to the accounting team and will need to have a proven track record of being able to provide detail insights, analyses and reporting for emerging and mid-market business. Our future Sr. Financial Analyst will benefit from leveraging our standardized platform to operate at world-class efficiency standards on behalf of our clients. While supported by our team, we take pride in self-sufficiency. Expecting that you will know everything you need to know to be successful in this role is an unrealistic expectation, but having the skill set to research and bring a potential solution to the team is not. By no means will you be on an island, but when faced with a new issue, coming to the team with researched solutions and ideas is the expectation.
Success in this role is measured primarily by your ability to support a team of highly capable finance and accounting professionals, our client’s satisfaction and your ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of our solutions for our client base. This requires effective communication and a high proficiency with NetSuite, our business operating system. Must be an independent thinker and be able to proactively identify inefficiencies/gaps in process and provide solutions.
· Thorough understanding of full cycle accounting inclusive of accounts payable, account receivable, bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed assets, accrued expenses, deferred revenue, and long-term debt and equity
· Ability to gain a full understanding of our clients’ operations to determine the most flexible/meaningful structure of the financial model(s) necessary to forecast everchanging drivers in market conditions
· Lead the month-end analysis process inclusive of variance analysis and financial narratives to our clients
· Confidence and ability to play a key role in client onboarding inclusive of balance sheet triage and clean-up by using various methods of audit and reconciliation techniques
· Track record of reducing the amount of time necessary to deliver financial reporting, analysis and preparation of board presentation materials
· Preparation of certain financial model/forecast related PowerPoint slides for quarterly board presentations to our clients
· Developing an automated template to be used for a weekly cash flow forecast that can be used by the accounting team for each of their clients
· Updating client budgets and rolling forecasts with actual results and providing meaning insights
· Ability to leverage technology and Consultants to automate voluminous tasks for our clients
· High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel to create, modify, enhance multi-year financial models driven by multiple assumptions to produce balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, working capital and financial covenant projections
· Provide Controllers and Managing Directors supporting schedules and analysis to support credit negotiations with mid-market and national banks
· Problem solving skills to assess and troubleshoot issues that may arise within NetSuite
· Monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed-upon targets and standards are met
· Aggressively identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiencies
· Suggests enhancements to and executes application-based solutions to efficiently and accurately process voluminous tasks among all departments within our clients’ operations
· Effectively and proactively communicates risks to management and assists with the development of viable solutions to mitigate risk.
· Ability to understand end user’s information requests to deliver necessary system generated ad hoc reports via NetSuite saved searches
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have at least 5+ years as an Accounting Manager/Supervisor or Financial Analyst within a mid-market organization. Preference will be placed on the candidates with public accounting experience. Hands on experience with NetSuite would be a major plus. The candidate must have strong skills in change management, issue resolution, data analysis, and financial reporting. This individual must possess necessary communication skills to support a user community in a prompt and professional manner, including excellent communications skills.
Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance is required
CPA is highly desired
· Experience with NetSuite is highly preferred
· History of managing professionals, driving utilization to achieve maximum results and client satisfaction while maintaining GAAP compliance
· Advanced excel user, (complex pivot tables, formulas, IF statements, concatenate, text functions, vlookup/match:index)
· Ability to effectively communicate accounting/finance information to lay audiences.
· Strong issue resolution / problem solving skills
· Ability to be a team player and self-starter
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and to communicate and interact effectively with management and users at all levels through both verbal and written means