Job Title: Staff Accountant
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Travel Required: No Travel is expected at this time
Reports to: Accounting Manager
ScaleNorth Advisors was founded by a group of Executives who wanted to level the playing field for small and mid-market businesses. We partner with our clients by making our team, tools and technology an extension of their businesses. Together, we focus on increasing enterprise value by streamlining business processes, highlighting critical analytics, leveraging cutting edge technology, and preparing for what comes next.
Our unique culture is focused on our key stakeholders: our people, our clients, and our community. We have a relatively flat organization which rewards our team members’ contributions to serving our stakeholders. We strive to make a positive impact and always keep it fun and positive. Some other cool things we offer:
· Opportunity to work within an organization that prides itself on creating a culture based on bringing fun, bright and experienced professionals together to deliver best-in-class service to our clients
· Competitive Pay and Benefits
· Substantial training and development opportunities in technology and finance
· Alternative path to public accounting to meet your experience requirement to become a CPA
· Access to cutting edge software and hardware to do your best work
If you are interested in working with a group that prides itself on serving and having fun, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a client facing collaborative role. You will be tasked with providing our clients with full cycle accounting services. Our clients cover multiple industries and range in revenue size. We leverage the best technology available to streamline their back offices processes so that they can create and innovate while we will operate in the background. Client service skills, both written and verbal will be critical to this role.
You will have exposure to all aspects of accounting, this isn’t a role where you will be doing the same thing day in and day out. A typical day may include processing tasks for various clients including payroll, doing a check run, applying cash receipts, making a collection call on behalf of a client and then preparing financial models for an upcoming board presentation. Of course, we’ll need to maintain appropriate segregation of duties but that doesn’t mean you can’t perform certain functions with one client and have different responsibilities with another client. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives on learning and has a passion for technology and process improvement.
Our Accounting Manager is the leader of the accounting team and takes a hands-on approach to leveraging our standardized platform to meet world-class efficiency standards. While supported by our team, we take pride in self-sufficiency. Expecting that you will know everything you need to know to be successful in this role is an unrealistic expectation but having the skill set to research and bring a potential solution to the team is not. By no means will you be on an island, but when faced with a new issue, coming to the team with researched solutions and ideas is the expectation.
Success in this role is measured primarily by our client’s satisfaction and your ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of our solutions for our client base. This requires effective communication and a high proficiency with NetSuite, our business operating system. Must be an independent thinker and be able to proactively identify inefficiencies/gaps in process and provide solutions.
· General understanding of full cycle accounting inclusive of accounts payable, account receivable, bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed assets, accrued expenses and long-term debt
· Basic level of understanding of balance sheet reconciliations and month-end process
· Experience with processing account payable inclusive of inputting invoices into an accounting system and assigning the appropriate general ledger code based on the nature of the expense and three way matching an invoice against a purchase order and item receipt records
· Exposure to accounts receivable, issuing credit memos, applying cash receipts and dunning responsibilities
· Ability to prepare multiple bank reconciliations in an efficient manner and leverage technology to automate elements
· Experience with prepaid and fixed asset amortization schedules and the accounting behind acquisition and disposal of such assets
· Ability to review a loan document and prepare a loan amortization schedule in excel
· Assist Accounting Manager with application issue resolution and change management
· Ability to exercise patience during training sessions with new clients
· Problem solving skills to assess and troubleshoot issues that may arise within NetSuite
· Ensures information security protocols and practices are in place to protect unauthorized access and use of corporate data.
· Monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed-upon targets and standards are met
· Aggressively identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiencies
· Suggests enhancements to and executes application-based solutions to efficiently and accurately process voluminous tasks among all departments within our clients’ operations
· Effectively and proactively communicates risks to management and assists with the development of viable solutions to mitigate risk.
· Ability to understand end user’s information requests to deliver necessary system generated ad hoc reports via NetSuite saved searches
To be considered for this position, the candidate must have at least 1-3 years of full cycle accounting experience. Preference will be placed on the candidates with public accounting experience. Hands on experience with NetSuite would be a major plus. The candidate must have strong skills in change management, issue resolution, data analysis, and financial reporting. This individual must possess necessary communication skills to support a user community in a prompt and professional manner, including excellent communications skills.
Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance is required
CPA Candidate or active CPA highly desirable
· Advanced excel user, (complex pivot tables, formulas, IF statements, vlookup/match:index)
· Ability to effectively communicate accounting/finance information to lay audiences.
· Strong issue resolution / problem solving skills
· Ability to be a team player and self-starter
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and to communicate and interact effectively with management and users at all levels through both verbal and written means
· Project management skills are a plus