SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position performs a variety of accounting tasks to assist the Accounting Department. Completes all transactions in a GAAP based accrual accounting system in use for the companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the Accounts Payable process, coding and entering bills into the accounting system
- Assist with the Accounts Receivable process, correctly applying payments into the accounting system
- Audit employee expense reports
- Process customer credit card payments
- Assist with customer invoicing and collection efforts
- Working with month end close and journal entries
- Work with General Ledger accounts
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with organization and filing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three (3) years of practical accounting experience required
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting or Accounting degree preferred.
- Firm understanding of the basic principles of accounting.
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop is a requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent organization, communication, follow-through, and execution skills.
· Proficiency in business correspondence & communications.
· Detailed oriented, highly efficient & focused individual possessing the ability to get things done accurately, efficiently and on time.
· Excellent communication skills needed to be effective in working with both frontline staff and senior management.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / CREDENTIALS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff and clients.