BACKGROUND - CANOPY HEALTH
- Canopy Health, formed in 2015 with leadership from UCSF and John Muir Health (JMH) and with participation from additional, leading Bay Area providers, is creating an integrated healthcare experience where quality care and coverage are provided by an alliance of the top caregivers across the Bay area, allowing people to access the best options for their personal needs. Owned by physicians and hospitals, Canopy Health is a community of caregivers championing health. Our focus is on improving health, advocating for the entire Bay Area, and supporting individuals in a way that is empathetic and respectful. Our large network of physicians and other providers will offer consistently high-quality care with clear, foreseeable costs.
The Financial Analyst will be a strategic partner of Canopy Health's finance leadership team. The Financial Analyst will work with finance leadership to develop leading practice finance and actuarial capabilities to support the achievement of the strategic goals.
This position reports to the Canopy Health Director of Finance. This position will work with senior business leaders and will interact with the health plan, provider, and vendor partners.
- Build strong relationships and coordinate effectively with Canopy Health leadership, vendors, investors, partner provider systems, and health plans and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain leading practice provider contract, pricing, planning, and forecasting processes and capabilities to support business leadership
- Create and maintain annual, multi-year financial plans and a 12-month rolling forecast
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end close, quarterly and year-end processes related to the plan and forecast
- Compare actual results to budget and forecast; prepare and report insightful variance analyses to identify risks or opportunities and use data to influence leadership decisions
- Partner with finance and business leadership team to prepare insightful and compelling board and subcommittee presentations
- Streamline the consolidation, analysis and flow of financial information from/to health plans, providers, vendors, facilities, and project owners to ensure accurate, transparent and timely financial reporting
- Provide decision and planning support to the Canopy Health business leadership team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial or related field required
- CPA - Big 4 experience or Master's in Finance or related field highly preferred
- - At least 5 years of progressive finance, accounting or actuarial leadership experience for one or more healthcare organizations (health plan, integrated health system / complex hospital, large IPA, ACO, healthcare accounting/finance company).
- Financial reporting and/or financial planning & analysis required
- Successful leadership experience within California or in a similarly mature managed care market characterized by a delegated model and capitated or other risk sharing contracts
- Established track record of delivering accurate, compliant, timely and insightful financial and actuarial analysis
- Ability to forecast, anticipate, and respond to trends and challenges, working collaboratively with leadership, providers and health plan partners
- An adaptable and innovative leader with a tolerance for ambiguity; possesses the ability to lead and thrive in an dynamic environment marked by rapid change
- Delegates appropriately and effectively; can lead through influence to obtain necessary resources
- Can effectively build, lead, and scale a high-performing financial planning and analysis operation
- Ability to determine key business issues and independently develop action plans
- Significant experience managing people, with strong, professional communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Experience with general ledgers, planning databases and report writingHyperion, Oracle, SAP or equivalent planning system experience a plus