Canopy Health is a community of caregivers championing health. Owned by physicians and hospitals, our focus is on improving health, advocating for the entire Bay Area, and supporting individuals in a way that is empathetic and respectful. Our large and growing network of physicians and other providers offer consistently high-quality care with clear, foreseeable costs. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission. We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. You would execute the day-to-day strategy of our provider relations efforts. Here's some of the details of the position.
Purpose of Role:
Under the direction of the Director of Analytics, the Data Analyst is responsible for supporting Canopy Health’s data and analytics business initiatives. Analytics topics include clinical utilization, cost containment, risk stratification, facility and provider directory information. In consultation with the business partner, the Data Analyst will develop a data analysis plan to successfully answer the business need. Outputs may include statistical analysis, Tableau dashboard or automated report.
1. Document, implement and continuously improve/innovate reporting and analysis. These reports and analyses include healthcare utilization data, claims data and financial accounting data. Recipients include Canopy Health executive leadership, and all levels within Canopy Health partners (IPAs and health plans).
2. Analyze data, reports, and measurements for key managed care indicators to recognize trends and assist in developing forecasts and financial planning.
3. Thorough and detailed management of provider directory data. Source data is obtained from multiple sources and aggregated, normalized and harmonized for internal and external purposes.
4. Clearly and concisely present findings of analyses. Presentation of findings may be performed in person, via screensharing or other methods. Reporting formats include Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Tableau workbooks and other methods as directed.
5. Build solid working relationships with our IPA partners, our MSO, health plans, and other staff. Our ability to make improvements to our data and analytics function is dependent on the strength of the outside relationships we have, so a focus on this important area is key.
6. Any other duties as required to ensure Canopy Health data analytics operations are successful. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in Canopy Health’s policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
Minimum Requirements (Education/Experience/Skills/Certifications)
Education/License: Bachelor’s degree required. Intermediate Microsoft Office capabilities, including MS Access, and Excel PivotTables required. Intermediate knowledge of SQL strongly preferred. Experience with Tableau or other data visualization/business intelligence platform preferred. Experience with ETL (extract/transfom/load) technology a plus.
Experience: Minimum 2 years work
experience in healthcare analytics or similar.
Knowledge/Skills Required: Ability to interpret utilization and data. Creative thinking to address quickly changing business needs. Adept at report development and ability to communicate findings to all levels of the organization.
Must support a culture of collaboration; must have strong communication skills.