BACKGROUND - CANOPY HEALTH / BAYHEALTH DEVELOPMENT
- Canopy Health, formed in 2015 with leadership from UCSF and John Muir Health (JMH) and with participation from additional, leading Bay Area providers, is creating an integrated healthcare experience where quality care and coverage are provided by an alliance of the top caregivers across the Bay area, allowing people to access the best options for their personal needs. Owned by physicians and hospitals, Canopy Health is a community of caregivers championing health. Our focus is on improving health, advocating for the entire Bay Area, and supporting individuals in a way that is empathetic and respectful. Our large network of physicians and other providers will offer consistently high-quality care with clear, foreseeable costs.
- Founded in 2015, BayHealth Development is a University of California San Francisco Health (UCSF) and John Muir Health (JMH) joint venture company focused on infrastructure development supporting the needs of the Canopy Health accountable care network, and serving as a joint strategic investment vehicle in support of the UCSF/JMH affiliation. BayHealth Development is deeply committed to value creation in the Canopy Health network and our shared vision with UCSF/JMH for innovation in patient experience, access, affordability and quality of care.
Reporting jointly to the Office Manager and Functional Executives, the primary focus of the Executive Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to Canopy Health / BayHealth Development executives. The EA will work in a team-based environment to ensure administrative-related tasks are completed within the Emeryville office.
1. Act as primary support to the assigned Canopy Health / BayHealth Development functional executives. This support includes coordination of calendars, travel, expense reports, meeting minutes/materials, and other administrative tasks needed by the executive.
2. As a member of the administrative team, assist in the coordination of all administrative office activities, including on-boarding and off-boarding of employees; work with TriNet on payroll and performance reviews; ensure mail is distributed timely; schedule meetings; order supplies; process invoices; arrange for meals when needed; greet visitors; and tidy conference rooms and break rooms (when needed).
3. Act as secondary support for other Canopy Health and BayHealth Development leaders when needed.
4. Develops and maintains an organized system for filing of all documents.
5. When required, submits Purchase Orders in the Intacct systems and processes invoices for
payment through Bill.com.
6. Work with Office Manager to ensure bi-weekly payroll is completed, along with employee
stipends and 401k contributions. Assist with HR functions, including working with TriNet.
7. All other duties as assigned.
Education/License: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: 5-years’ experience working in an office environment required. Experience working in the health care field preferred. Prior experience supporting executives required.
Knowledge/Skills Required: Administrative experience in all the functions of an office environment is essential, including administrative onboarding of new employees, ordering supplies/furniture, managing supply inventory, scheduling meetings, managing multiple calendars, meal coordination, accounts payable, payroll, and space allocation. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn other systems quickly, including Microsoft Outlook, Adobe, and Box.com. Must support a culture of collaboration; must have excellent writing, interpersonal communication, organizational skills; and sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment and community.