Seeking a Credit Risk Director to drive credit strategies for a new consumer credit card business. The ideal candidate would have strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, with 5+ years of credit risk analytics experience in the consumer lending industry.
- Drive credit strategies for acquiring new customers through multiple channels. Includes decision areas such as: Targeting, Approve-Decline and Initial Line Assignment.
- Advance an integrated test-and-learn agenda in concert with Product and Marketing functions, that seeks to optimize the population, product and credit strategies.
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor empirical results of various test and roll-out programs.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to drive insights on performance and identify opportunities to optimize the strategy.
- Manage and update valuation models that estimate the unit economics at a highly granular level. Estimate and frequently update the loss and revenue curves for various population/product segments to continually improve the accuracy of valuations and the associated strategies.
- 5+ years of credit card experience, including experience in credit strategy development.
- High degree of expertise with SAS, SQL, and other data analysis tools.
- The candidate must be extremely comfortable with working hands-on with large analytical datasets to perform complex analysis and extract business insights.
- Deep understanding of unsecured credit as well as extensive knowledge of financial analysis, effective risk management practices, and analytical methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically.
- Self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative with a strong drive for results.
- BS or MS in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or similar quantitative analytical field