The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategic and tactical development of downstream marketing activities associated with HCP marketing efforts for the Vertiflex procedure. Specifically, this role will have a deep understanding of the product and clinical indications, heavily focusing on executing marketing campaigns that drive further market awareness and adoption in key accounts. The individual will have a proven track record of successful development of key messaging campaigns, effective sales pitches, sales training efforts and working with KOL faculty.
Additionally, as a member of a high performing and collaborative team, this person should embrace a team-oriented approach with the ability to move seamlessly with company executives, staff, physicians, and patients. Candidate must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and consistently be able to meet deadlines. Individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment with an ability to execute on projects with limited information and oversight. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects is an integral part of the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive segmentation, targeting, positioning, messaging, branding, and collateral to support the innovative and high-impact launch of the Vertiflex procedure.
- Plan and execute the continuation of marketing programs for existing product through a variety of channels.
- Partner with creative and external vendors to conceptualize and develop high impact digital sales tools that integrate seamlessly into the sales process.
- Develop strong relationships with physicians, the sales force, and all cross-functional teams, including R&D, Legal, Regulatory, and Clinical counterparts in order to build a deep understanding of how to create value in the lumbar spinal stenosis space.
- Interface with the sales force and physicians to create and disseminate best practices on selling the Vertiflex product.
- Plan strategy and tactics for the execution of high impact events, including tradeshows, symposia, and other physician educational events.
- Develop and provide input to training materials, presentations and participate in training activities.
- Gather competitive intel and develop effective positioning tactics. Train new sales personal on effective sales pitches.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a medical-related industry in downstream marketing or sales with product launch experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen to physician/customer needs, prioritize needs/requirements and communicate them to cross-functional teams
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills, particularly in working effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and foster constructive relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent and professional written and verbal skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Able to understand highly technical products and translate into a simple and clear value proposition that drive changes in customer behavior
- Ability to handle the stresses of 15% or more travel schedule
- Ability to be flexible in working extended schedules, including some weekends
- Experience directly managing people is preferred