The Senior Clinical Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategic development and tactical execution of clinically-derived, data-driven product positioning, message development, downstream marketing, content creation, and post-market research planning. Specifically, this role will use a deep understanding of clinical data on our product, alternate therapies, and competitive categories to tune value propositions, develop commercially-effective sales pitches, marketing campaigns, and related-training content for company commercial personnel, physician faculty, and medical provider customers. The role will proactively plan future studies, both company-led and physician-generated, to support revenue growth by building on the company’s existing best-in-class data. The candidate should have a track record of successful clinical marketing experience in the medical device, life science, or clinical lab fields, and be able to demonstrate high achievement through a portfolio and detailed discussion of case-study experiences.
Additionally, as a member of a high performing and collaborative team, this person should embrace a team-oriented approach with the ability to move seamlessly between datasets and personal interactions with company executives, staff, physicians, and patients. Candidate must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and consistently be able to meet deadlines. Individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment with an ability to execute on projects with limited information and oversight. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects is an integral part of the position. We also value a healthy mix of work and fun on the job.
This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be based at the corporate office in Carlsbad. It will work closely with leaders and teams such as clinical/regulatory, sales, marketing, professional education, and analytics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and tune the positioning of the company’s flagship product from an evidence-based perspective vs alternate therapeutic choices
- Provide messaging and content inputs to the company’s market development activities focused on redefining the diagnostic approach upstream of physicians’ therapeutic decision making
- Provide in-depth review and direction on gaps in the existing data portfolio, while collaborating with clinical/regulatory team members and physician KOL’s to expand the evidence base of this emerging therapy in general and in support of company growth objectives
- Define, develop, and drive new, commercially-oriented investigations
- Convert evidence and data to impactful marketing campaigns, including the definition of target audiences, content, vehicles, channels, timing, cost, and measurement
- Represent the company in society forums, conferences, tradeshows, and other scientific venues
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of direct clinical marketing experience required; healthcare experience is mandatory, medical device industry, preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing competencies such as planning, positioning, segmentation, campaign development, and execution
- A history of success in developing and executing programs, in collaboration with physician faculty, to win podiums, posters, and publication at key society meetings
- Deep experience working flawlessly with clinical research, data interpretation, statistics, and study design
- A complete understanding of evidence levels, recommendation degrees, and consensus strength
- A proven track record working with physicians on research, training, and presentation activities, including cultivating a KOL network
- Experience operationalizing and integrating VOC feedback into the company
- Expertise with health economics
- Advanced level in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a scientific discipline
- An advanced degree in a related field