The Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the multichannel marketing strategy for the Superion Indirect Decompression System by developing, implementing and executing tactical plans to attract new customers and create adopters of the technology in existing customers. This position will have a focus on working with our partnered marketing agency on the programs that will drive those efforts. The position will focus on heavy downstream marketing activities and will also be responsible for some upstream activities related to the product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement programs that establish the technology into the current physician practice workflow utilizing a broad range of communication channels including sales materials, websites, and digital tools.
- Develop programs associated with the strategic marketing plan and content that will drive procedure awareness to referring physicians.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies that drive adoption by focusing directly on informing the patient.
- Manage and work with vendors and agencies to meet initiative timelines and budgets.
- Work with, monitor and report on customer satisfaction
- Develop and provide input to training materials, presentations and participate in training activities.
- Utilize analytical tools to assess marketing effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Work closely with the commercial team to refine marketing programs and to understand areas of opportunity.
- Attend and represent Vertiflex at tradeshows and conventions.
- Communicate product updates, initiatives, programs, etc. with field-based team
- Complete programs and individual goals within approved operating budgets and within set timelines.
- Able to build a strong rapport and relate well to physicians and key opinion leaders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Digital experience is a plus
- Able to work in a high paced, changing environment, and interface effectively with other departments and executive management.
- Public speaking skills are required
- Strong B2C & B2B Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or similar field is required
- MBA or Master’s Degree is desirable
- 7+ years of relevant experience in medical device or pharma required. Relevant experience must be focused on heavy downstream, marketing to physicians and direct to consumers.
- Product management experience with a focus on upstream is also heavily preferred
- Experience developing market development programs for a new therapy or procedure
- Cross-functional team leadership experience