The Territory Adoption Manager is primarily a Sales Role. The position carries a quota and earns commission. The position covers cases at accounts they have been assigned, and in rare occasion covers cases outside of assigned accounts. There is one position open for each territory below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate all details of pending cases per protocol to Customer Service
- Ensure all inventory needed for case is available
- Provide detailed instruction to entire staff during procedure to ensure superior patient outcomes
- Submit all required paperwork to Customer Service upon completion of case
- Collection of Purchase Order (PO#) for all cases covered
- Train mid-levels on the therapy
- Ensuring all staﬀ can identify patients diagnosed with stenosis that also feel relief in flexion.
- Ensuring that contraindications are clear to all staﬀ members and not confusing
- Implement intra oﬃce workflow processes
- MRI reviews
- Ensuring all staﬀ can identify and confirm central, lateral recess and foraminal stenosis on axial and Sagittal cuts on MRI’s.
- Continuing education
- Delivering ongoing information as the therapy evolves.
- Helping to work up patients
- Showing physicians and mid levels how to speak to patients and how to identify if their pain is relieved in flexion
- Keeping pt materials stocked
- Provide Brochures
- Posters, spine models, etc.
- Working with Surgery Coordinator to ensure cases are scheduled in advance and efficient (i.e. stacking cases )
- Assist office staff in proper utilization of PRIA for patients requiring prior authorization
Outside of office
- Finding and creating relationships with key referral sources
- Identifying referral sources in the community that have large populations of stenosis patients and the ability to readily refer to treating pain physicians
- Including Primary Care, Gerentology, Cardiology, etc.
- Working w/ skilled nursing facilities to have their pts seen by treating physicians
- Tracking patients that are identified and helping them get to pain physician oﬃces
- Setting up round table educational events for primary care physicians
- Working with local societies on education (journal clubs, events)
- Referring physician follow up from successful outcomes (post-implant letter)
- Clinically proficient at lumbar spine related orthopedic and/or pain procedures.
- Professionally proficient sales skills ideally within medical device related sales.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; able to manage multiple tasks.
- Participate in customer meetings, training meetings, conferences and/or other relevant meetings.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Collaborate with R&D to develop product enhancements and improvements.
- Works well under minimal supervision or direction given by the Area Sales Manager and Sales management.
- Assist in special projects and other activities as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of related experience
- 1-2 years medical sales experience
- Professional level knowledge of anatomy, spine, and pain management disciplines strongly preferred.
- Fluoroscopic and MRI imaging experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of additional experience in related technical area.