Your main responsibilities for this role will be to both engineer and design the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines. See below for specifics:
• Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost-effective engineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
• Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design an aerial and or underground path from point A to point B.
• Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to a poles as well as place cables in the underground environments.
• Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
• Understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
• Work with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software.
• Deep understanding of Outside Plant Engineering as it pertains to the architecture of various FTTX networks.
• Field experienced preferable, but not required.
• Experience using AutoCAD and most Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel)
• Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Superior time management.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
• Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
• Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.