Are you a frontend engineer with experience in the React framework and agile development methodologies?
Would you love to be part of a software engineering team working closely with product managers to create user experiences that make a critical difference to the success of a new enterprise?
Are you experienced in (or excited to learn about) the challenges of bringing innovative technology solutions to bear in the highly regulated clinical trial space?
Do you strive to make the teams you work on safe spaces where the most senior to the newest entry-level team members can grow their skills, learn from each other, and feed their curiosity?
If so, come join a team of like-minded professionals who want to make a positive impact for the world while creating an outstanding culture.
Emilie Scientific is a high-growth clinical trial technology company based in New York City that has the backing of Takeda Pharmaceuticals and BCG Digital Ventures. The company’s mission is to raise awareness of investigational therapies as treatment options for patients and make it easy to participate in clinical trials through human-centered design and data-driven technology.
This role will report to the Head of Engineering, and be a full-time member of our agile development process, side-by-side with engineers in test and product. This will include expanding and enhancing patient-facing public interfaces, and internal and partner-facing internal admin tools.
- Implement new components and leverage existing ones to add features to our frontends
- Participate in story pointing, retrospectives, demos, and standups within the framework of 2-week sprints
- Conform to security and compliance requirements as specified by our software validation process for a FDA-regulated application
- Offer insights and feedback to the product team when you see opportunities to improve efficiency or enhance features
- Participate in code and design reviews, and be frontend design lead for designated projects
- Experience with gitlab CI build and deploy tools a plus
- Deployed on AWS, leveraging EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cognito
- Source control and CI through Gitlab
- Java API using Spring Boot with PostgreSQL data store
- React frontend
- Business intelligence reporting in Looker
- 3 years of experience in frontend engineering
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions proactively
This is a full-time role in New York City