Are you an experienced backend engineer interested in Spring Boot API development and devops?
Would you love to be part of a software engineering team working closely with product managers to make user experiences that make a critical difference to the success of a new enterprise?
Are you experienced in (or excited to learn about) the challenges of bringing innovative technology solutions to bear in the highly regulated clinical trial space?
Do you strive to make the teams you work on safe spaces where the most senior to the newest entry-level team members can grow their skills, learn from each other, and feed their curiosity?
If so, come join a team of like-minded professionals who want to make a positive impact for the world while creating an outstanding culture.
Emilie Scientific is a high-growth clinical trial technology company based in New York City that has the backing of Takeda Pharmaceuticals and BCG Digital Ventures. The company’s mission is to raise awareness of investigational therapies as treatment options for patients and make it easy to participate in clinical trials through human-centered design and data-driven technology.
This role will report to the Head of Engineering, and be a member of a team of frontend and backend engineers who create internal and external facing web applications to enable clinical trial recruitment for pharma clients. You will divide time between developing backend APIs to meet requirements for user-facing applications, and developing automation and scripts to support development / staging / production environments.
- Create and support Spring Boot REST services to support frontend apps
- Participate in agile design of new features, collaborating with frontend engineers and product managers to assess feasibility and recommend efficient solutions
- Administration of Emilie’s AWS environment, including EC2, S3, elastic beanstalk, RDS with Postgresql, and Cognito
- Experience with building Looker models from Postgresql and web analytics datasources a plus
- Experience with network / system design in a HIPAA environment a plus
- Deployed on AWS, leveraging EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cognito
- Source control and CI through Gitlab
- Java API using Spring Boot with PostgreSQL data store
- React frontend
- Business intelligence reporting in Looker
- 3 years of experience in backend development
- Previous professional experience with devops and automation
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions proactively
This is a full-time role in New York City