Are you a QA engineer with experience in BDD and agile development methodologies?
Would you love to be part of a software engineering team working closely with product managers to make user experiences that make a critical difference to the success of a new enterprise?
Are you experienced in (or excited to learn about) the challenges of bringing innovative technology solutions to bear in the highly regulated clinical trial space?
Do you strive to make the teams you work on safe spaces where the most senior to the newest entry-level team members can grow their skills, learn from each other, and feed their curiosity?
If so, come join a team of like-minded professionals who want to make a positive impact for the world while creating an outstanding culture.
Emilie Scientific is a high-growth clinical trial technology company based in New York City that has the backing of Takeda Pharmaceuticals and BCG Digital Ventures. The company’s mission is to raise awareness of investigational therapies as treatment options for patients and make it easy to participate in clinical trials through human-centered design and data-driven technology.
This role will report to the Head of Engineering, and be a full-time member of our agile development process, side-by-side with software engineers and product. This will include collaborating and coordinating with an existing third-party QA agency, directly engaging in manual testing, as well as standing up a new automated testing framework.
- Test changes to production or future release software in the course of two-week sprints
- Create automated tests using a BDD framework, that will be extended and supported over time by yourself and other QA team members
- Manual testing of new features as needed
- Confirm compliance with regulatory requirements for clinical trial service providers by unambiguously documenting all test executions
- Recommend technologies and best practices for automated testing to the whole engineering team
- Participate in all engineering team agile workflow checkpoints with the product team, including sprint planning, pointing, stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, and ad-hoc design meetings
- Manage workflow of failed tickets and collaborate with engineers for resolution
- Experience with gitlab CI build and deploy tools a plus
- Deployed on AWS, leveraging EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cognito
- Source control and CI through Gitlab
- Java API using Spring Boot with PostgreSQL data store
- React frontend
- Business intelligence reporting in Looker
- 3 years of experience in QA / engineering in test
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions proactively
This is a full-time role in New York City