At Acera Surgical we are transforming the landscape of healing. Our products treat a wide variety of medical conditions, allowing patients to live life better faster. We are driven by innovation, seeking better ways to solve today’s most complex healthcare issues.
· Assist Acera sales team in collecting/closing outstanding purchase orders, reconciling inventory, covering cases, and other duties, as may be assigned.
· Plan and organize educational events and/or journal clubs, involving Acera extended team, as needed.
· Demonstrate a customer first mentality in approach to customer and patient satisfaction by delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
· Work collaboratively with and support the Territory Director and other sales reps in the geography
· Respond to customer needs and feedback in a timely and compliant manner.
· Work with Acera team to build and maintain meaningful relationships with decision makers throughout all sites of care to create long term customers.
· Provide accurate and timely reporting and tracking of sales activities, product inventory, and territory sales forecasts.
· Educate customers on the safe and effective use of company products by delivering presentations and demonstrations.
· Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with company’s reimbursement team to ensure effective support is provided to physicians prescribing our products and their billing departments.
· Collaborate with supervisor to determine the necessary resources needed to achieve business objectives.
· Build / expand on foundations in sales skills, including product features/benefits.
· Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meeting / conferences outside of regular business hours, as required.
· Understand and follow all compliance policies, procedures and work instructions.
· BS/BA required
· 0-3 years’ experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or B2B sales
· Previous surgical and biologic experience preferred but not required
Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Desire to work within the patient care setting (operating room, clinic, office) to provide product support to clinicians.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as Concur
· Capacity to deal with competing priorities and potential to be adaptable as days change quickly.
· Must thrive on working in a fast-paced environment.
· Confidence to communicate with established physicians and other surgical personnel.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Willingness to learn from set-backs and develops tactics and strategies to minimize recurrence.
· Position is field based with travel 80-90% of time within assigned territory. When at customer site, must follow appropriate dress code and adhere to credentialing and registration requirements, which includes up-to-date vaccines. Physically capable of standing for long hours in the Operating Room during cases.
Born from research and bold patient-focused innovation, Acera Surgical, Inc. is a growing bioscience device company commercializing a portfolio of synthetic hybrid-scale fiber scaffolds for regenerative medical applications. Acera Surgical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. The company offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, 401(k), basic and supplemental life and AD&D, employee assistance program and more. Learn more at https://acera-surgical.com/.