TITLE: Supply Chain Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Supply Chain
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective
This position will assist and consult within the Supply Chain department with building forecasting models, managing excess/obsolete inventory, prioritization of harvesting/recycling/refurbishing activities, and protective case development. Additionally, this position will be responsible for Staymobile’s whole device buyback and sourcing strategies inclusive of pricing, sourcing and incorporating into the supply chain of parts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assists in developing forecasting models, data analysis to support Supply Chain
2. Manages inventory positions (including the sale of obsolete inventory) and establishes controls to ensure Staymobile is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
3. Lead buyback and device purchasing initiatives to secure devices to incorporate into the parts supply chain and manage the sale of excess devices to provide lowest parts cost and profitability of buyback/device purchasing function.
4. Develops and assists with prioritization of device harvesting/part refurbishing activities based on market available parts and parts costs.
5. Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and team to optimize value of the Supply Chain.
6. Communicate needs and objectives to managers and key personnel across the company and partners.
7. Focus on cost reduction and process improvement to increase productivity and profits.
8. Evaluate external market trends as well as internal supply chain continually in order to produce better techniques, source materials at best cost and accelerate processes.
9. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement and e-waste.
10. Participate in existing and new product planning processes involving devices and protective cases to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
11. Establish annual goals and objectives in coordination with company objectives and manage performance to ensure attainment.
12. Additional assignments as business need demands.
1. Extensive consumer electronics experience required.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills is essential.
3. Established track record in the areas of continuous improvement and cost reduction.
4. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is essential.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills/ Effective interpersonal skills and strong team player
6. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (to include Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) Experience with common WMS and ERP systems is a plus.
Required education and experience
1. BS Degree in relevant field or equivalent professional work experience.
2. Advanced certifications are a plus.
4. 5+ years progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles.
5. 5+ years of experience in wireless or consumer electronics services.